Friday, December 30, 2011

The Astrological Significance of the English New Year



Hey, its the 31st December 2011. Tommorow is yet another New Year in the horizon. So yeah, its time for the resolution thingy and goal setting thingy. Hmm of all the new years, I had always been good in setting goals and resolutions, and when I review it at the end of the year, well I guess I'm good at planning and teribble in implementing, if you get what I mean!!!...

Anyway, just thought of nibbling something here today, as I still can't sleep at 3.15AM Malaysian time. Duh...it's that insomnia zombie nights again. Anyway since I can't sleep, that gives me an impectus to blog.  So I thought to write something about the New Year.

Well, many people say astrology is just a cup of bull. Others say destiny is within one's own hand. All this may be true, but may I remind all that even our English New Year is based on astrology. Yeah thats right, astrology.

Basically we celebrate new year when the Earth has completed 1 orbit cycle around the sun. Thats what we term as the English New Year based on the Gregorian calender. Therefore the new year as such is actually an astrological event! To debunk that astrology doesnt affet us is akin to being an hipocrite. At least in some manner this thing affects us.


Just scroll a pages in facebook today and everyone's talking about resolutions and goals. Some are planning parties and a couple of beers. All this to celebrate the New Year. In a way what they are celebrating is the orbit cycle of Earth over the sun, year in year out. So how does astrology not affect our life?

Thus one of the most important day in our life, the new year is based on rotation of Earth orbit around the sun. Therefore, astrology has an impact on our life. I mean we don't head to the drinking holes on March 7 every year, do we? Or how about June 5? Nay. But we do it on Jan 1! As an honour to the Earth's yearly cycle.

So to the folks who still do not think astrology have significance in our life, well think again...its everywhere.

Rite, enough of astro stuff for today, I'm gonna try to hit the bed again and try to sleep. In 26 hours mother Earth would have finished another round of going around the Sun. Well to mother Earth, my best wishes and wish you all the best in doing it year after year.

May god's blessing be with divine mother Earth and the blessings be extended to all our plants, trees, oceans, mouintains, waterfalls, etc...Happy New Year 2012


p.s. What shall I set as a goal this year???....Nah, the best goal is no goals!!!....lol

No comments: